Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Kristen Skerry, Class of 2008

Alright, so I live on the 3rd floor of Prospect Hall and I believe that I've had a couple "haunting experiences" in the bathroom on that floor. The first time was at 2:00 in the morning one day during my first semester here and I was completely alone in the bathroom. No one was there when I went in and no one came in while I was there. I was brushing my teeth in the third sink and had my back to the rest of them , but when I turned around, the first sink's faucet wasrunning full blast. So I shut it off and turned around again, only to find it running when I faced it again! I checked the shower and the attached kitchenette and the stalls to see if someone was playing with me, but there was no one there. Then another time early in the morning, I was alone in the bathroom once again and distinctly heard a stall door slam shut and lock. A little freaked out, I went around the corner to where the stalls are and all the doors were wide open. Finally, on more than one occasion when I was showering and thought I was alone, I'd randomly feel a cold rush of air strike me and I'd get the feeling that I wasn't alone. As soon as the coldness goes away, so does the feeling. So I don't know if this is all coincedence since no one else on my floor has shared similar experiences to mine, but I'm certainly convinced that Prospect has a playful poltergiest confined to the 3rd floor bathroom.


[May 6, 2005]