Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jennifer Lewis, Class of 2004

Dude, I think the fourth floor of South Mandelle is definitely haunted. My sophomore year (2001-02) I lived in 413 S. Delle with my roommate. One night, we were both sleeping (it was about 4 in the morning) when I suddenly woke up, coughing. When I stopped coughing I looked up and hovering near my bed was this being. It was really hard to describe, as it seemed to have several shapes at the same time, but I got the distinct feeling that I was being *watched*. That that was what had woken me up. I stared back for a couple seconds before I realized that there should not, in fact, be anyone there staring at me (my roommate was still asleep). As soon as I thought the word "ghost" I pulled the covers over my head and started praying. I had my eyes closed, but for a few more seconds I could still see the image of the being superimposed on my eyelids, the same thing that happens when you stare at a bright light for a while and then look away. When I pushed the covers off again, the being had gone. I eventually went back to sleep that night, but it was only the beginning of many strange sightings in that room. Another time I woke up to see what I thought was my roommate sitting in her chair across the room, only again, my roommate was still asleep. This other being (this one was definitely a woman) seemed to throw something at me, like a fast moving ball. The ball disappeared under my bed. She and the ball disappeared after a few seconds. I also saw other things, balls of light moving around the room and other beings, but those two were the most intense experiences because of the sense I had that I was actually interacting with the beings. After moving out of that room, I never saw as many things of that nature within such a short period of time again.

[December 21, 2005]