Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Anonymous, class of 2007

Yesterday was the scariest day of my moho experience. And i want to preface this by saying I don't believe in ghosts and if anybody can offer an explanation for what happened, I would happily hear it. I had gone to bed around 1 am, a little tired, but certainly not hallucinatingly tired. At around 3:30am I woke up facing the wall that my bed is next to. I suddenly got this bizarre feeling that I was being watched. I turned around and right in front of the dresser that has my T.V on it, there was an Asian man, around 40 years old. I screamed and asked "hello?" "can i help you" (I was quite convinced this was a real person and was freaked out because i thought i was going to be attacked by a psychopath). No response. I booked it to my door and turned around to look at the man who was still standing looking at where I had been in my bed. The man then disappeared. The weird thing is I felt a sense of relief because I was certain I had a psychopath serial killer/rapist in my room. But after that slight relief I was thoroughly perplexed. I should also mention that I wasn't all that calm. A more accurate description would be that I started crying and shaking uncontrollably. I was FREAKED OUT! Anyway, I turned the T.V on and had it play all night and slept with the lights on (something I haven't done since I was 6 years old). This was on the third floor of the rockies, by the by. I have half a semester left at Mount Holyoke and quite frankly I am glad to be getting the hell out of the 5th most haunted place in America (?)! Oh, and now I think I do believe in ghosts.

[March 9, 2007]