Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Beth Dunn, Class of 1993

I spent my freshman year ('89-90) living on the fourth floor of South Mandelle, in the second to last room down the hall on the left. Although I had heard many ghost stories about MHC within weeks of arriving on campus, I hadn't heard any about South Mandelle. North Mandelle was supposed to have some sort of moaning woman in the fireplace, but I didn't think much of that. One night, I was walking from the bathroom back to my room after taking a shower. The hallway had a series of flourescent lights going down the length of it -- something like 10 or twelve lights every few feet or so. As I walked, the light over my head went out, then came back on after I had passed beyond it. Then the next light that I passed under would go out, only to come back on after I had passed. I heard distinct, slow-moving footsteps above me as this was happening. I got back to my room (almost all the way down at the end of the hall, across from the kitchenette), and nothing further happened in my room. The general feeling was just that of somebody wanting me to know she was there.

[December 19, 2004]