Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Melissa Thorsnes Varvil, Class of 1995

Back in the Fall of 1993, my roommate and I were living on the fourth floor of Porter Hall, in a converted triple. About 3:00 in the morning, something woke me up from a dead sleep. Nicole and I had our twin beds next to each other, with an end table in between them. Floating above my roommate I saw a ghostly woman in white. I could tell she was female, but she didn't seem menacing at all. I couldn't really make any sound and she vanished. I woke up Nicole; she was naturally pretty scared, but we managed to get back to sleep. A funny side note. I wasn't planning on telling anyone else the story, but the next day it had spread throughout our floor. The next night, we decided to stay in our friend Leila's room, since her roommate Nikki was gone for the weekend (Safety in numbers!) We had just turned out the light when Leila started screaming, "There's something above your head, Nicole!" Turns out it was a fern Leila had hanging over her futon! My friends have lots of personal stories of their own. I hope they share them!


[
March 29, 2005]