Friday, October 31, 2008

Jaime Tung

I have only ever experienced "hauntings" in Torrey Hall during my first year, along with my roommate. We lived on the first floor and would often wake up hearing a woman sweeping up and down the hall, sometimes whistling or softly humming. But when I opened the door to go to the bathroom, no one was ever there. The second time we experienced a ghost was when we were both asleep and our door was locked. It was a single converted into a double so we had bunk beds and I was on top. My roommate's desk was on our left (if you were lying down), near her head. On this particular night, we were both woken up by a man's low laughter - as if he were SITTING AT HER DESK! I sat up and said "WHAT WAS THAT?!" and my roommate confirmed she heard it too- but there was no one there. I got up to see if one of our neighbors had guests over but everyone was sound asleep and in the morning, we didn't see any guys leave.

[October 31, 2008]